9 Signs You Have an Unhealthy Gut
1. Digestive issues such as gas, bloating, diarrhea or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
2. Seasonal allergies or asthma.
3. Hormonal imbalances such as PMS or PCOS.
4. Diagnosis of an autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, lupus, psoriasis, or celiac disease.
5. Diagnosis of chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia.
6. Mood and mind issues such as depression, anxiety, ADD or ADHD.
7. Skin issues such as acne, rosacea, or eczema.
8. Diagnosis of candida overgrowth.
9. Food allergies or food intolerances.
Does the idea of doing a total detox by eliminating certain foods feel overwhelming? It does to me!
Here are four easy things you can added to your diet that will start the process of gut healing. It is easy and gentle and may get you to a place where you can do something like going yeast free or eliminating foods that don't support gut healing.
I think it is better to take small steps in the beginning than to go cold turkey and it is easier to stick to it.
4 supplements to add to your diet that will support gut healing:
1-Collagen also known as Gelatin
Collagen and Gelatin are basically basically the same product which comes form the bones, hides and connective tissues of animals. Collagen makes up almost one-third of all the protein in the human body and not having enough of it affects our joints, our skin, our guts. It comes as a powder that can be added to liquid and drank. It is best to use it on an empty stomach for best results.
Collagen is a fast and furious source of protein. It contains 18 amino acids, many of which are “essential”, meaning they must be acquired as part of our diet. PLUS: it balances out your meat intake. Muscle meats contain elevated levels of certain amino acids, which can be inflammatory over time. Collagen contains two anti-inflammatoryamino acids, thus balancing, completing, and complementing the other meat sources.
It helps heal the gut lining by enhancing gastric acid secretion and restoring a healthy mucosal lining in the stomach. When your body can effectively break down and absorb the food you’re eating, you reduce the amount of inflammation in the gut and get more out of every bite. (Research from Gotthoffer, NR, Gelatin in Nutrition and Medicine.)
Collagen is one such food with the power to heal damaged intestinal lining, immune systems and boosts hydrochloric acid insufficiency which quells weak digestion. It is hydrophilic which means it is lubricating for joints (handy for arthritis sufferers) and is pro-thyroid that I am surprised it isn't more commonly known about. The combination of being able to heal intestinal lining (good for those with leaky gut, vitamin and mineral malabsorption, and even allergies) and being pro-thyroid can be particularly important for those suffering from Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis or Grave’s Disease.
Glutamine is an important amino acid for health. It is important for normal body function in many ways: L-Glutamine is critical for any program designed to heal leaky gut. Glutamine is an essential amino acid that is anti-inflammatory and necessary for the growth and repair of your intestinal lining. L-glutamine acts a protector and coats your cell walls, acting as a repellent to irritants.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Removes waste like ammonia (which can be very harmful)
- Synthesizes proteins
- Important to gluconeogenesis (a thing your body does to keep blood glucose levels stable)
- Synthesizes nucleic acids (the stuff that makes up your DNA
Now you can get even more of the alkalizing, energizing, and detoxifying Greens you love with the new Greens Value Size. It’s three times the amount of Greens and its pH-balancing blend, now supercharged with an acidity-fighting combination of magnesium and potassium for even more alkalizing properties. The addition of a cutting-edge probiotic helps you better maintain that healthy balance by keeping your digestive system regular and toxins flowing out.
With multiple servings of fruits and vegetables and a blend of 38 herbs and nutrient-rich superfoods, Greens provides naturally occurring, bioavailable vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, phytonutrients, and enzymes to give your already well-balanced diet a nutritional boost.
- Detoxify, alkalize, and promote pH balance within the body
- Acidity-fighting magnesium and potassium blend
- Cutting-edge probiotic support for digestive health
- 38 herbs and nutrient-rich superfoods
- Multiple servings of fruits and vegetables in every scoop
- Free radical-fighting antioxidants
All coconut products are especially good for your gut. The MCFA’s in coconut are easier to digest than other fats so better for leaky gut. Also, coconut kefir contains probiotics that support your digestive system.
- Coconut water is a rich source of natural fiber, natural calcium, magnesium, and natural potassium- making it a healthy electrolyte drink; it contains lesser amount of sodium, negligible amount of cholesterol.
- Regular consumption of coconut water helps in improvement of blood circulation also.
- Coconut water is anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-microbial.
- Coconut water is an efficient natural remedy for controlling the intensity of acid reflux; it is good natural antidote for heart burn problem.
- Regular consumption of coconut water helps in digestion: slow sipping of coconut water after main meal helps in curing this digestive discomfort. The lauric acid in coconuts is also used to heal digestive tract disorders such as Leaky Gut Syndrome.
My Gut Healing Daily Tonic
I pour 8 ounces of Coconut water into a glass,
Mix in scoop of Collagen
2 Scoops of Greens
1/2 teaspoon building up to 1 teaspoon of L-Glutamine
Drink on an empty stomach